This is for all admirers of the notorious Weldin sisters. It's a compilation of stuff that's good for you and educational (carrots) and everything we just need to get out there (throw-up). Enjoy. Note: this is not in reference to Fat Bastard's farts.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sisters

Upon Nathan Maynes' recommendation, I began reading The Idiot by Dostoyevsky.  I've read and loved many of his works, but this one has grabbed my special attention, so far.

I came upon a certain passage whereupon Prince Myshkin is being introduced to the daughters of Madame Epanchin.  I know you don't care about this, but read on.  She says,

          "...my eldest daughter here, plays the piano or reads or sews; [the middle daughter] paints  
          landscapes and portraits (and can never finish anything); and [the youngest] sits doing nothing."

Now if you can't see the hilarity and ironic nature of this passage in my relationship to my sisters, you should be sad.




I'm glad that, at least in this small instance, so much of what I read reminds me of something I've seen in real life, and I'm glad it's not the other way around (name that movie).

3 comments:

  1. Hahahahah I love it.
    That relates so well!
    Love you girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, let's be fair, Ali does do stuff. Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually she will agree with this wholeheartedly. She does, in fact, do nothing.

    ReplyDelete